The mission of Project H.O.P.E. is to improve the health and well-being of homeless persons and others in need within the greater Camden, New Jersey area by providing primary, preventative and related healthcare services. Here is some information for current and potential patients to better help meet their needs and answer questions:
Project H.O.P.E., Inc.
Bergen Lanning Health Center
439 Clinton Street
Camden, NJ 08103
Phone: (856) 968-2320
Fax: (856) 968-2327
Hours of Operation
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
8:15 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesdays
Appointments are recommended. Walk-ins are welcome
Patients are required to complete the following steps at each of their visits:
• Intake with the receptionist
• Review with the Financial Counselor
• Review with the Social Worker
• Assessment by Medical Provider Insurance and Financial Counseling Private insurance or Medicaid is accepted, but not required. The State of New Jersey requires that you bring to your visit the following information:
• Two forms of ID-(one a photo)
Health Insurance Information
Families First card (if applicable)
Co-payment (if applicable)
• If you do not have insurance, you must bring with you:
Two forms of ID
Proof of Income
Proof of Residence
Documentation that you are not eligible for insurance
Co-payment (if applicable)
Project H.O.P.E. staff are here to assist you with obtaining the above information. However, failure to bring the required documentation will result in a bill being generated and sent to your residence. Project H.O.P.E. does not discriminate or deny services based on race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Prescription renewals take 72 hours to process. Project H.O.P.E. does not prescribe narcotics.
Individuals who need to have forms completed (e.g., County disability forms) must have a medical visit with the forms. Forms are available seven business days following your exam.
Medical Records Request
Patients may obtain a copy of their medical records by completing, and signing, and authorization of Release form that can be obtained from the medical receptionist. Project H.O.P.E. has thirty days to complete this request.
Bus tickets are provided on a limited basis to patients for transportation to outside medical appointments.
All appointments are scheduled with your routine provider.
• Meet with the social worker
• Submit your request in writing to social worker
• Request will be reviewed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
• Decision will be made within thirty days of the request
Until the request is approved, you must continue to see your current provider.
Grievances must be submitted in writing to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
It will be reviewed and followed-up within thirty days.
Consumer Advisory Board (CAB)
As a patient of Project H.O.P.E. you have the opportunity to be involved with the Consumer Advisory Board which meets on a monthly basis.
Purpose of CAB:
• Share resources
• Offer comments and suggestions regarding the services provided by Project H.O.P.E.